Happy 4th Week of Easter!
I'm awake in these wee early hours paying for the wonderful hour long walk Dave, Dollbaby and I took last night. When I suggested a walk, Dave asked if I my allergies wouldn't flare up. But, it was such a beautiful day, I said I just really wanted to go and hopefully it would be okay. Famous last words! It really was so nice out and my strength was so much better than it's been, we just kept walking and walking. It felt great. However, I awoke a few hours ago with my throat swollen and scratchy, my ears all plugged up, and my nose running. Yuck! I wish I could enjoy the outdoors without being attacked by pollen! Ah well, live and learn...and make the proverbial lemonade... I'll post the blog and then work on my VBS project. Hopefully, it'll calm down enough to get back to sleep before (real) morning.
Dave's boating & waterskiing trip last weekend didn't turn out quite as he planned. He took a bad fall while wakeboarding and spent about eight hours in the ER in Tampa. We had a few scary hours when it seemed that his injury might be worse than it turned out to be, but he was blessed and returned home moving slowly and relieved (literally) by Percocet, but not seriously hurt. According to the doctor, his bruised ribs and lung contusion just need time to heal. He's hoping for a speedy recovery so he can get back on the water asap. If he were a marine, I would say Hoo-Rah! (How much NCIS have I watched this week?!)
Dollbaby is six months old! I can't believe how fast it's going. As if to emphasize the flight of time for me, this week she's been showing her growing strength by laying on her belly and using her hands to turn herself, rolling everywhere, getting on her hands and knees
and doing "baby push-ups."
She really looks ready to start crawling. Or, maybe she'll go straight to bear-walking!
I had to remove the bassinet from the port-a-crib and lower the mattress. It was sad to see it without the bassinet - a sign that she's not a little tiny baby anymore. :-( The mattress on the bed is sure to follow soon. (Although it will have to wait for Daddy to recover enough to change the setting!)
A Quiz...
Several people have asked how Dollbaby compares to Fatima and Kitty at this age. Sooooo, see for yourself. Can you tell who is who?! I'll give the answer next week. (I made them black & white to try to make it more of a test, but I think it's still pretty obvious...)
By the way, I discovered two super cool things on the web this week!
1 - www.picnik.com (thanks, Emily) this site lets you modify pictures in all sorts of ways - all for free
2 - www.gimp.org (thanks, Google) this site has a downloadable software that works like Photoshop - for free (instead of $1000)!!
GBS update: MAJOR milestones!!!! I was able to lift Dollbaby in the carseat, place her in the car, and remove her from the car!!! It's not yet easy, but I can do it! I was also able to undo the buckle that attaches the carseat to its stroller frame three times in the past few days! I couldn't do that at all even just earlier in the week. Once that function returns completely, I'll be able to go where ever I want to without help!
Prayer Request: A good friend of mine coordinates Rachel's Vineyard retreats in her diocese (for post-abortion healing). I'm on the list of people to whom she sends a list of first names of retreatants to pray for. On a recent show on EWTN, Fr. Pavone (National Director of Priests for Life) challenged everyone to not just pray for those who have had abortions, but to "boldly announce God's mercy" and his desire to show His mercy to these souls. So, in the spirit of boldly announcing God's mercy, I'd like to ask for you to join me in praying for healing and reconciliation for those who will attend the retreat this month: Carmen, Mary, Katy, Ann, Robert, Judy, Chuck, Tracy, Rick, Debbie, Mike, Meg, and Jerry. Please also pray for the retreat leaders. Thank you!
And now, a few more photos from our week...
Fatima imitates Dollbaby's favorite thumb-sucking pose.
Happy Dollbaby!
Dollbaby in her Easter dress :-)
(This is the dress I meant for her to wear on Easter, but discovered it was too foofy for the car seat.)
Did you expect an answer to the question in the first paragraph?... Just about every time I've nursed Dollbaby this week, I've turned on NCIS...thanks again, Aunt Mary :-) It's a little hard to follow sometimes in 15-20 minute increments a few hours apart, but fortunately I can rewind the DVD until I remember what was going on! I'm almost through Season 1.
I've already learned my something new for today. It didn't look right when I typed "perverbial" up above, so I looked it up and discovered "proverbial" means resembling or becoming a proverb. Now, I will always remember how to spell it - and pronounce it - correctly!








No comments:
Post a Comment