Saturday, May 15, 2010

Nature Days

Happy 6th Week of Easter and a Blessed Feast of the Ascension!

It's been another fairly low-key week. Fatima asked at dinner this week what I did that day. My answer: played with Dollbaby, worked on VBS, and watched NCIS while nursing. (FYI: I started Season 5 today.) Her response: That's what you do everyday. Then, she asked Dave what he did. His answer: work. Her response to us: You're lives are so boring, how can you stand it? This from a child who goes to school everyday, eats the same breakfast, lunch and dinner nearly everyday, and watches the same movies a zillion times!

One exciting thing this week: I found Dollbaby's baby calendar (on which I write all the cute things she does). It had been lost for two months. Dave says I get to keep the $2 I told the girls I'd pay if they found it :-) Evidently, I left it on top of the printer and it fell behind the desk. Fortunately, I've been writing things down on another paper, so now I just have to transfer them onto the calendar.

Dave's still having a lot of pain from the bruised/cracked ribs. He had to decline an invitation to the first of the weekly Thursday boating/skiing outings with friends from work. He thinks it'll be at least June before he can get back on the water. This weekend, he's been doing some house projects including repairing the irrigation system and doing some landscaping work.

I finally got a full night of sleep once this week. Dollbaby and I both slept from 10:30pm-6:30am! The other nights were interrupted by the 3am feeding to which she has reverted the past 4-6 weeks. She, of course, falls right back to sleep, while I am left awake for the day. Unfortunately, she has not been balancing it out by going to bed early. Instead, she's been staying up later, until 10-11pm. So, I've been pretty sleep-deprived.

Fatima enjoyed her after-school art class this week, as usual. On Monday, we had a meet and greet with a neighbor who is going to teach her how to sew. She's very excited to begin the lessons this coming week. After spotting three rabbits in our yard, she has spent the last few days on "bunny expedition," as she calls it. I found about 100 pictures of them on the camera.



Kitty's social calendar has filled up since the play ended - with a lot of theatre :-) In eight days, she has seen Les Miserable (community theatre), Sleeping Beauty (a high school ballet), Grease (high school), Smoke on the Mountain (community theatre), and How to Train Your Dragon (movie). She also applied for and received a spot on the technical crew for a summer community theatre production of Sweeney Todd. She's very excited. It's ironic that she'll be working on a production of the show when I won't let her see the movie! Since it's the "student version," I'm hoping it's not as graphic and gross as I've heard the Johnny Depp one is. She made her final course selection for next year. It turned out that most of the courses on her short list for the last spot in her schedule aren't offered at her school. So, the winner was Musical Theatre. If too few students sign up or she gets closed out of one of her first round picks, she'll be assigned one of her alternates (band, acting or forensic science).

Dave lowered Dollbaby's mattress Monday night, just in time for her latest feat. On Tuesday, she moved from prone to sitting by herself for the first time. Now, she's a pro, although she still tumbles over frequently. It's actually pretty cute - as long as there's no furniture or other hard object on her way down. And, when she does bump something, we're teaching her Aunt Kathy's "shake it off" from the get-go!!

Dave's been taking Dollbaby for walks frequently. I haven't gone much because my allergies flare up so badly when I'm outside too long. Anyway, she loves it. However, the one time I tried to set her down in the grass, she got very upset. Dave said it must feel to her like hay would feel to us. Today, I took her outside with a blanket. It was so fun to watch her discover grass.




It was also fun to watch her watch the birds.



She had a great time until she fell over into the grass. She didn't like that at all.


I do wonder if anyone is reading this blog or if I'm just talking to myself! Please leave a comment, even just to say "I was here!" :-) ...it's really easy to comment, see the "how-to" in the "about me" section on the right sidebar.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are priceless. Dollbaby's face is so expressive that it's like reading a caption, but without any words.

anne said...

Hey I found it! Caught up with all the blogs I hadn't read yet! Now I'm running late! I really enjoyed the pics and video clips and of course the updates! Keep them coming! I now have the site under my "favorite" bar and only have to click it to check !!

Love,Anne

Christina said...

Oh wow look at her sit up!! I can't wait for Lilia to be able to do that so I don't have to think of creative ways for her to play with her toys (we don't have any of those toys that hangs over her face while she lays on her back).