Happy 3rd Week of Easter!
Last weekend, we attended our neighborhood Easter Festival, which was postponed from Palm Sunday because of rain. It was a beautiful, warm day. And, it was great to celebrate Easter during Easter instead of during Lent! Fatima participated in the Easter Egg Hunt, played with friends, rode a pony, and enjoyed lemonade & popcorn.
Dave did a half-hour shift supervising one of the moon bounces.
Dollbaby got her picture taken with the Easter Bunny! She's the only one of the three girls to ever do that :-)
A couple more photos from the day:
Dollbaby was sick two days this week. Both nights, she woke up crying, nursed, and then threw up 4-5 times - all over herself, me, Dave... In the mornings, she just wanted to be held. She nursed and slept, nursed and slept... Then she seemed fine in the afternoon and evening. It was weird, but over by day three. While I sat and held her those two days, I watched season one of HOUSE....thanks for the loan, Kathy! Oh, and my E-Bay watching is over. My Aunt Mary is sending me all six seasons of NCIS!! When I finish that series, she'll lend me JAG. So, I'm set for quite awhile!!
Some Dollbaby highlights this week: She now often sleeps on her stomach with her knees pulled up underneath her and her bottom up in the air -- it is SO cute! She sits up more for longer times, but only when we start her. She can't yet move into a sitting position by herself. I'm glad she's not independent with it yet, as I'll have to move the mattresses lower when she can and I'm not sure if I'm strong enough yet to lift her in and out from that setting. Fatima loves to make Dollbaby laugh. Once this week, Fatima came bounding and jumping into my room, where I'd just finished nursing Dollbaby. Dollbaby burst into laughter. So, Fatima kept jumping and jumping, making Dollbaby laugh and laugh. It was so funny. Of course, by the time Dave got the camera and we tried to capture the moment, Dollbaby was over it. Fatima kept jumping until she was tired, but no more laughs. Another time, Fatima made a wierd noise and Dollbaby laughed. So, she kept doing it until Dollbaby stopped. We did get a little video that time:
This is "tech hell week" for Kitty, preparing for her school's production of "Clue the Musical," which opened last night. Since Sunday night, I think I've seen her for less than an hour altogether! Her director let me attend the dress rehearsal on Wednesday, since I couldn't go this weekend. It was great! They are SO talented. It was very enjoyable. I'm glad I was able to go.
I couldn't attend the scheduled performances because Dave got his wish for boating & waterskiing in a big way! A long-time friend from Ohio bought a boat online and asked Dave to go with him to Tampa to pick it up. Dave left yesterday. They met in Atlanta today to drive down. He gets to spend two days skiing and having fun before returning on Monday. I'm happy he'll have a great time and get an early jump on the season.
GBS update...this week, I carried Julia up & down stairs (harder going up), graduated to riding the recumbent bike at physical therapy (I was dying at 1 minute, but did the assigned 10), opened a chip clip, and put on my compression stockings myself. A friend who was visiting today commented on how much more easily I'm moving around, getting up and down from the floor, etc. since she last saw me two months ago. I thank God for my continuing recovery.
Thanks for reading again! If you'd like to comment, click on "0 comments" below. (It'll have a different number if others have already commented.) Type your message in the box, then scroll down where it says "comment as." Select "Name/URL". Type your name in the box that pops up (you don't have to type a url). Then click "post comment."
God Bless!



No comments:
Post a Comment