Happy 5th Week of Easter!
We've had a pretty quiet, slow week. Sunday was very relaxing. I took a nap while Dollbaby slept. Fatima had taken care of Dollbaby when she woke up! Dave had cleaned and done three loads of laundry! After my nap, Kitty, her friend, Fatima, and I played some games. That night, we went out to eat. I think that will be my Mother's Day! Actually, I'm at least getting my favorite chocolate cake this Sunday! :-)
During the week, I worked on my VBS project and hung out with Dollbaby.
Dave is still hurting, but improving. Now, he's vacillating between being in pain or taking the pain killers and being nauseous. Thanks to all who have asked about and prayed for him.
No major new feats for Dollbaby this week. But, she sure is so cute and sweet. She continues the super cute baby push-ups, moving her feet, but not going anywhere. Once she figures out she has to move her hands, too, she'll be off. For now, she rolls EVERYWHERE! She likes to roll under our bedskirt and behind the curtains in our bedroom. One day, it was just so cute, I had to run for the camera. After taking the photo of her feet sticking out, I moved to try to get her face and found her giving me a very mischievous little grin! She's just such fun :-)


Fatima's enjoying her weekly art class and playing with friends. She had been saving her money to purchase a second Our Generation horse. It's a Target-brand "American Girl"-type horse. I made her wait, as I did for the first one she bought, because it costs an outrageous $36 and I wanted her to be absolutely sure she wanted to spend that much money on a toy. Well, after several weeks and no luck with Amazon marketplace, Ebay or Craigslist, she stuck to her decision and we went to get it only to find the one she really wanted wasn't available locally. Since shipping was an extra $11, after five more days, she opted to get her next favorite. Every day since the big purchase she's been playing with the two horses virtually non-stop.
Now that the play is over, Kitty's a regular part of the family again. We see her (usually) after school, for dinner, and even some on the weekends! It's nice to have her around again. This week, she's been working on her schedule for next year. She's taking a virtual science course this summer to make room for a second theatre course. So, it looks like AP English; Honors Pre-Calculus, US History, Spanish III; Technical Theatre and Theatre II. She has one more to choose. This morning, she had it narrowed down to four. This afternoon, she said maybe a fifth one. And, the form was supposed to be in today! She found out this week that she qualifies academically for the National Honor Society! Unfortunately, her school sets additional requirements (service, leadership, citizenship) than other schools, so she may not be inducted. But, kudos for qualifying, especially since her school sets the GPA higher, too.
Answers to last week's Quiz: Fatima, Dollbaby, Kitty (check out last week's post if you didn't see this one.)
GBS update: nothing new this week.
Th-th-that's all folks!
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment