Hello again!
Sorry it's been a month since I last posted anything. Dollbaby is now 8 months old. I just can't believe how fast this year is going. I wish we could just stop time or bottle it up to enjoy longer or again later. In the last post, she had just started crawling. The week after that, she started pulling up. Today, she took three steps while we held her hands. She definitely wants to be on the move! Her bottom front two teeth are coming in, so she has been rather fussy, especially at night. But, at least Baby Orajel and nursing calm her.
Fatima and Kitty finished school a few weeks ago. Kitty is taking driver's ed four hours a day for two weeks, then at some point they'll call her to start the behind-the-wheel portion. Fatima participated in VBS last week at one of the parishes we're active in. It was the first time I didn't volunteer. I was blessed by friends who took both girls to/from these activities.
I'm working hard on the VBS for our other parish. I'm writing the curriculum and co-directing. This week, I finished and handed off all the core parts (stations and assemblies). Fatima and I planned to celebrate the finished curriculum by playing games, watching a movie, and eating out. Unfortunately, the plan was delayed by a keys-locked-in-the-running-car incident (during which I received the added blessing of a bee sting). We still ate out, but I ended up taking a nap once we got home. Fatima even got Dollbaby when she woke up and occupied her for two hours while I slept! We played a game later, but still haven't really "celebrated."
Fatima learned how to play Monopoly the last week of school. So, we've played it a few times. She has quite the strategy already. Hotels. Boardwalk. Park Place. Need I say more? She thoroughly trounced me! Tonight, her choice was Scrabble. I have NEVER been good at that whole jumble concept. Now, Sorry...that's more my speed. I still love that game! Fortunately, the girls humor me. We also enjoy Scattegories (I usually win that one), love Rummikub (thanks Patty for introducing us to that one), and our newest favorite since we got it two Christmases ago...Last Word. That is one fun game!!
Dave is improving. He has been skiing a few times recently and is happy to be out on the water again. Fatima is always cautioning him about getting hurt again. Bet he loves that.
With those little teeth buds showing up this week, I finally took Dollbaby for her first portrait. The photographer took about 60 photos. It was SO hard to choose and say no to any of the photos. After arriving back home, I discovered that all of the photos were on the CD! Yea! Here are the pictures I chose for the print package:
I'm going to try to get back into posting weekly. I'd sure love to hear from you...whoever is reading this...!






No comments:
Post a Comment